Importing our fishing maps into your Lowrance GPS unit is easy. For some units, you can simply plugin your device or SD card and use the USR, GPX, or KML file to import into your unit.
Within the fishing maps downloads, if you unzip the file you downloaded, you should see a USR file. Copy the USR file and paste it into the root of your SD card, For most units, you can now add the SD card to your GPS unit and it will prompt you to import it into the unit. If this does not prompt you, go to the Waypoints menu, and select Load From Card. Select the .usr file and load.
Here is a video on how to import into the HDS units:
Start at about the 1 minute mark for importing instructions.
1. Push the Tools or Pages Button.
2. Scroll down on the vertical menu on the left till you see Files or Storage and click it.
3. Click Memory Card and select the top or bottom card where you inserted your SD card.
4. Select the GPX or USR file that was created on the SD card.
4. Click Import.
1. Insert the SD card into the unit.
2. Press MENU|MENU|↓ to SYSTEM SETUP|ENT|↓ to TRANSFER MY DATA|ENT
3. Press → to LOAD|ENT
4. To select a file, press ENT to activate the selection box, use ↓ or ↑ to highlight the file, then press ENT to accept the selection.
5. Next, press ↓ to LOAD|ENT. The unit will display a completion message when the data transfer is finished. To return to the Page view, press EXIT|EXIT|EXIT|EXIT
We have over 400,000 fishing spots in our database. You can only see half of the fishing spots on our Fishing Spots Map. Our hotspots are based on known fishing spots (buoys, reefs, wrecks, ledges, myths, lies, and hearsay from retired captains.
If you are looking for GPS coordinates of fishing spots for your GPS Unit, you have come to the right place. We provide GPS files that can easily be imported into many of the popular boat and car navigation units. We also provide a KML file to open the spots in Google Earth. Don't see your area?