In our recent e-newsletter we listed what we're most thankful for this year. At the top of our list we shared that it has been a challenging year for us personally, with some pretty major set-backs with our aging parents. We are endlessly thankful to our tremendous staff who stepped up when we needed to be away from camp this past summer. Jimmy took over Dave's role seamlessly, Jessica on the dock and guides Bill, Kerry, John and Troy kept everything running smoothly. And when Sheree had to be away, Melanie, Shamiso, Vanessa, Beth, Andrea, Emily, Maddy and Cheryl did such a great job, I don't think I was even missed.
And here is what our guests say is on their list...
- gathering with family around the dinner table, and feeling that indescribable feeling of love and belonging.
- pumpkin everything! Pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice latte, roasted pumpkin seeds, pumpkin cream cheese bars, well you get the idea...
- friends who stick with you through thick and thin, the good times and the bad.
- we just moved to a new house in a new community. One by one the neighbors came by to introduce themselves and welcome us. Some even brought home-made treats. What a warm welcome!
- leftovers the day after Thanksgiving! Especially the desserts.
- I am grateful for answered prayer, and that I recovered from my medical issues. Sometimes it’s not until we get sick that we realize how important good health is.
- having that one special person in my life who knows the real me and loves me anyway!
- lazy Sunday afternoons with a great cup of coffee, a good book and a cozy quilt.
- traditional holiday recipes that get handed down through the family for many years; the meal wouldn't be complete without them.
This Fishing Report was submitted on 11/16/2019 9:51:21 AM by duckbaylodge.
View Full Fishing Map
Enjoy the finest Canadian fishing at Duck Bay Lodge!
Gives You Access To:
Download GPS files of fishing spots.
Create Custom Maps of fishing spots.
Fishing predictions w/ future date & location.
Featured Listings for your fishing business.
$7 month or $49 year