Importing our fishing maps into your Simrad GPS unit is easy. For some units, you can simply plugin your device or SD card and use the GPX, KML, or USR file to import into your unit. Please follow these instructions for importing into your unit:
1. Using the fishing maps downloads, if you unzip the file you downloaded, you should see a GPX file. Copy the GPX file and paste onto the root of the memory card.
2. Insert the memory card into your plotter.
3. Turn on the plotter.
3. Click the "Page" button to go to the screen selection options. Under/After "Waypoints, Routes, and Trails" select "Files"
4. On the Files screen select the memory card that has your file(s). Click "enter" and you will see a list of the .gpx files that you put onto the memory card.
For GO/EVO models:
1. Push the Tools/Pages Button.
2. Scroll down on the vertical menu on the left till you see Files or Storage and click it.
3. Click Memory Card and select the left or right card where you inserted your SD card.
4. Select the USR or GPX file.
5. Click Import.
We have over 600,000 fishing spots in our database. You can only see half of the fishing spots on our Fishing Spots Map. Our hotspots are based on known fishing spots (buoys, reefs, wrecks, ledges, myths, lies, and hearsay from retired captains.
If you are looking for GPS coordinates of fishing spots for your GPS Unit, you have come to the right place. We provide GPS files that can easily be imported into many of the popular boat and car navigation units. We also provide a KML file to open the spots in Google Earth. Don't see your area?
Make a request and we will add it!